Last updated: 25 September 2017 | V1.1
Collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information
Sales Information: We may collect Personal Information if it is provided to us for the purposes of enquires and applications via our web site, via email, by telephone or via application forms. We collect this information so that we can communicate with those persons who make enquiries and applications to us in connection with our business. This information is typically limited to contact details that are submitted to us via those channels. We use that information to communicate with those persons and to analyse where, how and when sales opportunities are received by us, to generate and close sales and to improve our sales processes. When engaging in sales related communications, we comply with all applicable laws, including the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). We may also collect Personal Information from public sources, but where practical we will collect Personal Information directly from the person to whom it relates.
Passenger Personal Information: As a software company, it is necessary for us to collect Personal Information from passenger users of our Oiii Passenger App, so that we can arrange and provide them with a tailored experience when using the app, discuss the app with them or answer questions about an experience that they may have in connection with the app or our services when we are contacted by them.
The Personal Information that we may collect, use and disclose of passenger users of the Oiii Passenger App in the course of operating, administering and maintain the platform and our business includes:
● Mobile telephone number;
● Photo entered into the platform;
● Email Address;
● Credit Card Details;
● IP address;
● Default Mood;
● Preferred Drivers;
● Trip History;
● Location (including start and destination locations for each trip, location while en route during a trip and ‘favourite locations’ );
● The times during which they made a booking via the app and the times during which they travelled in any taxi booked via the app;
● Feedback about the Oiii Passenger App;
● Details of Lost Property;
● Trip Ratings and driver reviews.
A booking request made by a passenger user of the Oiii Passenger App is supplied to the taxi driver who accepts the booking. The information disclosed to the taxi driver includes details of the passenger’s name and photo (as entered by the passenger into the Oiii Passenger App), pickup location, destination, preferred pickup time and date, preferred vehicle type and mood preference and whether the passenger would like free WiFi in taxis.
Taxi Driver Personal Information: The Personal Information that we may collect, use and disclose of taxi driver users of our platform in the course of operating, administering and maintain the platform and our business includes:
● Telephone numbers;
● IP address (when using the Oiii Driver Tablet);
● Email Address;
● Location when using the Oiii Driver Tablet (when driving to collect passengers and when transporting passengers. Such location tracking may also include tracking of the times during which they are traveling for such purposes);
● Shifts or times worked (including logon and logoff times from the Oiii Driver Tablet);
● Photos entered into the platform;
● Name and ABN of the taxi driver’s associated taxi operator.
Taxi Operator Personal Information: The Personal Information that we may collect, use and disclose of taxi operator users of our platform (being users that employ or engage third party taxi drivers to drive their taxis) includes:
● Telephone numbers;
● IP address;
● Email Address;
● Names of taxi drivers who operate taxis of the taxi operator.
In addition to the above circumstances, we may also collect Personal Information where:
● a person consents to the specific collection;
● a person becomes a supplier or investor in our company;
● a person voluntarily provides Personal Information to us (for example, this information may include, name, date of birth, contact details, email addresses, details of our products and services the person chooses to enquire about and other information the person chooses to provide to us).
In addition to using Personal Information that we collect for the above-mentioned purposes, we may also use or disclose Personal Information that we collect for all or any of the following purposes:
● to administer and manage our business;
● to manage employee, contractor, supplier, passenger and taxi driver records that we hold about them;
● in order to process an application or enquiry made to us;
● when providing information to our legal, accounting or financial advisors/representatives or debt collectors for debt collection or other purposes;
● where authorised or required by law;
● when handling complaints.
Law EnforcementWe may also use or disclose Personal Information to enforcement bodies for any of the following reasons:
● the prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offences, breaches of a law imposing a penalty or sanction or breaches of a prescribed law;
● the enforcement of laws relating to the confiscation of the proceeds of crime;
● the protection of the public revenue;
● the prevention, detection, investigation or remedying of seriously improper conduct or prescribed conduct;
● the preparation for, or conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal, or implementation of the orders of the court or tribunal.
Collection of Personal Information from third parties
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. Where required by law, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Security of Personal Data
Where we retain Personal Information in an electronic database, the content will be held in a database at a data centre. The data centres that we use are all located in Australia and implement physical and electronic security protocols and procedures designed to reduce the likelihood of unauthorised access or data breaches. Any other Personal Information that we hold is also stored in databases at data centres that are also subject to physical and electronic security protocols and procedures.
Junk and Spam Email
We do not send "junk" or unsolicited e-mail in contravention of the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). We will, however, use e-mail from time to time to respond to inquiries or contact clients, employees, contractors and other third parties.
We may send newsletters to our clients, employees and contractors from time to time. All newsletters contain ìunsubscribeî links, which enable any person to unsubscribe from our newsletters by following the relevant link.
If you do not provide your Personal Information to us
If you refuse to provide us with Personal Information or you provide us with erroneous Personal Information, you cannot become a client, employee, contractor of Net-Cabs Pty Ltd or a user of our apps, software or platform because it will not be practical for us to operate our business if we were to allow you to do so.
Destruction and de-identification of Personal Information
We will destroy and/or de-identify Personal Information that we collect where we have legal obligations to do so.
How to access and correct personal information held by us
To ensure that we only obtain, collect, use and disclose accurate, complete and up to date Personal Information about you, we invite you to contact us and inform us if any of your personal details we hold change or if any of the Personal Information held by us is otherwise incorrect or erroneous.
You may request access to your Personal Information held by us by writing to us. Our address is as follows:
The Privacy Officer
Net-Cabs Pty Ltd [ABN 22 167 868 859]
F56, 63 Turner Street, Port Melbourne VIC 3207 Australia.
We will charge you a fee of $15 to provide you with a copy of the Personal Information that we hold about you, where we are legally required to provide you with a copy of that information.
We will handle your request for access to your Personal Information in accordance with our statutory obligations.
If you wish to make a complaint regarding our privacy practices, please contact us. We will use our best endeavours to resolve the complaint within 10 Business Days following receipt of your complaint. This may include working with you on a collaborative basis to resolve the complaint or us proposing options for resolution. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of a complaint you make, you may where appropriate refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) who can be contacted using the following details:
Call: 1300 363 992
Email: [email protected]
Address: GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
- END -